Monday, February 1, 2016

Tag: Disney Princess

Here is the continuation of the Disney related series: Part 2- The Disney Tag. Yes, I am aware of the fact that this is almost three months late but I'm doing it. I don't know if I'll be doing another one.


1. Snow White - Name your favorite classic
Easy. I choose The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I love this novel because the imagery in his novel is phenomenally done and almost everything is some form of a symbol. I really didn't expect to like it but it was a required book in 11th grade and I'm so glad I read it.



2. Cinderella- Name a book that kept you reading well past your bedtime
Lexicon by Max Berry. It's set in a world where coercion is a science of language and the people who master this science are known as "Poets". We follow the lives of Emily Ruff, who has been brought to this school, and a seemingly innocent man named Wil Jamieson who is the key to a war among Poets. It's absolutely amazing and I just had to find out the end.



3. Aurora- Name your favorite classic romance
Erm... Romance... I don't read a lot of romance. I'm going to bend the rules a little here and go for a modern romance instead of a classic: A Good Woman by Danielle Steele.

4. Ariel- Name a book about that's about making sacrifices and fighting for your dreams
The Giver by Lois Lowry. Without spoiling, Jonas does make many sacrifices in his fight. And Lois Lowry is just a fantastic author. It's amazingly well written and not are the characters flushed out, but they're also relatable. And the plot is absolutely beautiful.



5. Belle - Name a book with a smart and independent female character
Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind. Plain and simple. Scarlett seems like the original "smart and independent" female character.


6. Jasmine- Name a book with a character who challenged the social conventions of his or her world
Anne of Windy Poplars, the fourth book in the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery. I love this series, probably my second favorite series, and I love Anne. She didn't do anything outwardly "challenging" but she was different from most teachers. 


7. Pocahontas- Name a book whose ending was a roller-coaster of emotions

The ending of Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick sent me on a trip around the world. Roller- coaster isn't even a proper description, maybe more like being on the speedway and losing control. Totally pulled at my heart.


8. Mulan - Name a book with a kick-ass female character

I don't think there can be too much debate about Celaena Sardothien in Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. Don't even try to argue.


9. Tiana - Name a book featuring a hardworking, self-made character
I'm currently reading Eric C. Leuthardt's RedDevil 4. I wouldn't say that the main character, Dr. Hagan Maerici, is self- made but I would call him extremely hardworking. A workaholic by most standards. It's good so far and I can't wait to finish.


10. Rapunzel- Name a book that features an artist
I hope the intention with artist is something involving some form of creative art. Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour features Emi who is a set designer and a film buff. It's a great novel with a great writing style and even better plot. You can read my review here.


11. Merida - Name a book that features a mother-daughter relationship
Ruta Sepetys' novel Between Shades of Grey. The mother- daughter relationship here is a bit odd but the reasoning makes complete sense. I know it seems like everyone is talking about this book (thank you BookTube) but it really is a great novel especially if you like historical fiction.


12. Anna and Elsa - Name a book that features a great relationship between siblings
Any of the books from the 39 Clues series. This is definitely more of a middle- grade book but it's fun and a light, easy breezy read. And the mystery of it all is quite interesting.


Well that's the end of the tag. I tag anyone who wants to do this tag. What would you choose for each of these?

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, this looks fun! *sigh* Celaena Sardothien... Of all the YA women out there. Awesome tag though! I'm definitely doing this.

    ReplyDelete